1 in 5 Australians will experience mental illness this year. Many people and families who experience mental illness are unable to find the support they need.
WayAhead, the Mental Health Association NSW is the peak mental health and early intervention charity in NSW.
We play a vital role in
- the development of mental health initiatives that increase community awareness and knowledge
- decreasing stigma, and
- getting early intervention for those that need it most.
Donations and bequests provide a lasting investment in our work towards a society free from prejudice and discrimination towards people living with a mental illness.
You can donate to support WayAhead by visiting our GiveNow page or filling in the form above, and by becoming a financial member of the Association.
You can also contact WayAhead on (02) 9339 6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a direct deposit or your other preferred method of donation.
Your gift will make a profound difference to the lives of children and adults who struggle with mental health problems and disorders. It is a harsh reality that many people who could lead happy and productive lives are held back by disorders like depression, anxiety, bi-polar, schizophrenia, and obsessive compulsive disorder that can often be brought under control with the right supports and therapeutic interventions.
WayAhead Mental Health Association has been offering support, information, and education about mental health and wellbeing since 1932. You can be the reason that our vital work and support continues, by leaving a gift in your Will.
What kinds of gifts can you leave?
- Residuary – the remainder of your Estate after gifts to family and loved ones are disbursed.
- Percentage – a percentage of your Estate.
- Pecuniary – a specific gift of cash.
- An investment in perpetuity.
We understand that your first priority is to look after your family and loved ones. We also know that leaving a gift in your Will to an organisation like WayAhead is a significant way to demonstrate your caring and compassion for those who suffer from mental health problems and disorders. We suggest you share your intentions with your family so they can understand why this matters to you.
To help, we suggest you or your solicitor can use the wording below to ensure that your gift is used in a manner that will have the most impact at WayAhead:
I give …(insert kind of gift here) to Mental Health Association NSW Ltd (“WAYAHEAD”) ACN 602 666 437 for its general purposes and I declare that the receipt of the Secretary or Proper Officer of WAYAHEAD shall be an absolute discharge to my trustee who shall not be bound to see to the application of this gift.
Our promise to you:
When considering leaving a gift in your Will to WayAhead, we promise to:
- Honour your wishes
- Respect that an important decision like this needs time. How and when you make your decision is personal to you.
- Honour your privacy – we would like to acknowledge your generosity but only if you would like us to.
- Ensure your gift is used in the most effective and impact way.
- Continue to communicate with you about our work in a manner that you prefer.
We are here to help
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you have. We would love to hear from you.
Elizabeth Priestley CEO (02) 9339 6001