WayAhead’s Diversity and Inclusion Strategy Statement
Way Ahead acknowledges and actively supports the culturally diverse community we work in. This includes recognising and working with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, the LGBTI community, multicultural Australia and people living with a mental health condition, who all contribute significantly to our organisation and society.
WayAhead is committed to acting on these beliefs in a meaningful way through:
- Delivering mental health specific promotion and support programs which help people living with a mental health condition live the life they want
- Actively seek out and work with likeminded organisations who can help deliver mental health and wellness information and support to diverse communities including Indigenous and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTI and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities.
- Acknowledging the traditional custodians of the land where WayAhead delivers its services and respecting the Elders past and present.
- Developing an inclusive workforce who value, respect and understand the importance of cultural and personal diversity and include this as part of the organisation’s recruitment strategy
- Having a senior leadership team who actively incorporates and supports diversity and inclusion in their teams
- Employing people who have a mental illness, who identify as LGBTI, who are from a culturally diverse background or who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
Role of the senior management team
WayAhead’s senior management team is responsible for overseeing the implementation and ongoing monitoring of the organisation’s diversity and inclusion strategy.
The ongoing work by the senior management team for this strategy includes:
- Establishment of measurable objectives to support this strategy in the six key areas
- An annual review and progress identified against objectives
- Linking this strategy to wider organisational operational strategies, through the strategic plan and/or annual operational plan
Monitoring organisational implementation of process and procedures associated with this strategy