At WayAhead, we work every day to educate people throughout New South Wales on mental health and wellbeing and link them to services and resources that improve their mental health.
Our vision is for a society that understands, values and actively supports the best possible mental health and wellbeing.
How we work for better mental health
We work towards better mental health and wellbeing through:
- The co-ordination of mental health promotion activities such as Mental Health Month NSW, WayAhead Workplaces and Perinatal Depression and Anxiety Awareness Week
- Free anxiety support groups throughout NSW
- The provision of mental health information – the WayAhead Directory, mental health factsheets
- Education seminars such as or Understanding Anxiety Forums and Professional Development Workshops – for people living with a mental health condition, the public and health care professionals
- Small Steps workshops for parents and school teachers to raise awareness and improve recognition of anxiety disorders in children.
With the support of our board, staff, members, volunteers and students, we strive for a community that embraces and maintains the best possible mental health and wellbeing for all people. We work towards a society free from prejudice and discrimination against people living with mental illness.
How we do what we do
Our programs are funded by the Mental Health Commission of New South Wales, other agencies, private donations and bequests. We are always interested in hearing from organisations interested in partnering with us.
We are a non-government, community-based organisation and registered charity with QIC accreditation. QIC accreditation certifies that WayAhead has met the relevant standards and is participating in the QIC Program to build continuous quality improvement within the organisation.
To find out more about our work during the last 12 months download our Annual Report.
Read about the history of Mental Health Month.
You can read our Privacy Statement.
WayAhead is an ACNC registered Australian Charity and is endorsed by the Quality Improvement Council.